I think these have better flavor and texture than the Medifast Brownies….I modified this already diabetic recipe to be even more healthful.
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 4 ounces reduced-fat ream cheese, softened
- 1 egg (1/4 cup egg product)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (I used Splenda no calorie)
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal (ground to powder), 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour combined)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used Splenda no calorie)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. I used a Demarle large muffin baking mold. This recipe filled 11 muffins.
2. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer in a small bowl on medium speed till smooth. Add egg product and the 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute or till smooth. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces; set aside.
3.Combine flours, the 1 cup granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each half full. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture over each.
4. Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool thoroughly on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (11 servings- Demarle Large Muffin pan):
- Calories: 161
- Fat (g): 9.6
- Sodium(mg): 128
- Carbohydrate(gm): 17
- Fiber (g): 2.6
- Sugar (g): 4.1
- Protein(g): 3.7